Julie was the flower girl in a wedding yesterday. (Laurie Beth was the maid of honor -- but that's another post.)
Mindy (the bride) wanted Julie to have curls pinned all over her head. I bribed Julie (French fries from McDonald’s) and she let Jill, Mindy’s hair stylist, curl it all over her head, although she told me she’d rather wear a baseball cap. She absolutely HATED the baby’s breath. When we got home from the wedding her hair was still curly – Jill must have used an entire can of hairspray – and I made the mistake of saying there might still be some curl in the morning. Tom’s brother is visiting and we’re going out fancy for breakfast and I thought it would be cute.
Talk about an identity crisis.
“I don’t want curls forever! I want my straight hair because THAT’S MY HAIR THAT GOD GAVE ME” It got worse and worse, probably because it was so late at night, she was freaking out that her hair would never be straight and it would be curly forever and CHINESE GIRLS HAVE STRAIGHT HAIR and it ended with me having to actually wash her hair before she’d go to bed. I washed it in the kitchen sink, and as I’m washing it she’s saying, “I hope this works!!” with giant tears rolling down her cheeks.. And then when it was done and she saw in the mirror that her hair was straight again, she said, “Oh thank goodness, my precious, beautiful straight hair.”
I’m thinking Julie won’t want a perm anytime soon….
2 comments:
She looks beautiful with or without curls!
Julie continues to make me smile. Mel and I just had a good laugh over the hair story. Whenever I need a lift, I look at Julie's smiling face on the side of my fridge. It makes me smile inside and out. Say hi to all the kids for me. I miss LB! Lots of love, Robin
Post a Comment