Thursday, July 19, 2007

Mo



I believe we are insane. We have taken one of the Wilson's cats -- for a good cause, they're going on the mission field -- however this now makes us a household of FOUR yes FOUR cats.
At what point to we become crazy cat people? Have we achieved this already?

The Wilsons had named her Twitch, but we have to give her a sports name, in keeping with Pfannkoch tradition. We have Beezer (for now retired hockey goalie John Vanbiesbrouck) and Jeter (for Derek Jeter, of course...) and Marmalade, who doesn't have a sports name... maybe that's why she's such a cranky cat.


So Laurie Beth and Tommy have decided that Twitch will be called Mo for Mariano Rivera of the NY Yankees. The Wilsons were so desperate to get rid of her that they actually said we could name her WHATEVER WE WANTED.


She's a very pretty little thing.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie,

I have a lot to say about this. You knew that would happen, didn't you?

First of all, at one point Shelby and I had NINE cats. That's right... NINE! (That's 89 lives!)

Here's how it happens, once you have a certain number of cats, then everyone knows you as "softie cat people." Once that happens, it's downhill. Every stray/sick/homeless cat will result in a phone call to you, or worse, a visit with the cat, to beg you to take this little one in. We've even taken in cats from people who have died! That's how it happens.

I've often said that "4 cats" is the magic number. And now you're at four. So in my experience, you'll have five and six and seven in no time.

I finally put my foot down and hardened my heart to more kitties, and now we're down to two. Moving to NH greatly reduced our cat numbers because we lost a few to predators and sickness when we moved here. We even lost one to a car. (Very sad.)

Secondly, the photo of Julie with Mo made me think of Gabriella when she first saw cats. She screamed like I was pulling her toenails out! She was horribly terrified! Now she loves cats. :)

Thirdly, how sweet of you to name your cat after Mo Vaughn!!!

Annie said...

So why doesn’t someone offer us a DOG?? I actually LIKE dogs.. Cats are ok.. but I really like dogs.

Mo Vaughn. Hahahahahahahaha

No, silly man, it’s Mariano.

Annie said...

Oh, and Mark, I'm sorry -- I didn't include a picture of Sohmer. I'll make it up to you next time I update my blog.

Anonymous said...

How about a picture of one of my cats or dogs?

Tom said...

Mark said, "I have a lot to say about this." And this would be different how? LOL!

But no, the kitten doesn't really look much like Mo Vaughn, who, as you might recall, ate a LOT better than this cat (or most large lions for that matter).

Well, gotta run and go get some of that (um, let's see, 89 divided by 9 equals...) "9.888 Lives" brand cat food. Har!

Annie said...

Mark said...
How about a picture of one of my cats or dogs?

Mark,
I really think you should get you OWN blog.

Anonymous said...

Whoops.

I meant, "81" lives.

(embarrassed)